Nick Nanton is joined today by Dave Asprey, the “Father of Biohacking” and CEO and founder of Bulletproof 360.
Dave is a two-time New York Times bestselling author of five books, host of the Webby-award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio, and the creator of the global phenomenon Bulletproof Coffee and the Bulletproof Diet. Through the Bulletproof Diet, countless biological experiments, and simple life “hacks”, Dave has maintained a 100 pound weight loss, upgraded his brain, and transformed himself into a happy and gratitude filled husband, father, writer, executive and human being.
With over 200 million downloads of his Bulletproof Radio podcast, millions of monthly unique visitors to his blog, and the Bulletproof 360 products in millions of households world wide, Dave has created a movement that shows us the power of intention and the incredible capacity of the human body. He has spent the past two and a half decades traveling the planet from Tibet to the Andes, discovering and engineering ways to maximize physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Dave shares his journey of self discovery as an example that can lead you towards unlocking your full birth right potential. His latest book, Fast This Way, continues that journey.
- 1:22: Nick gives a brief biography of Dave Asprey
- 3:09: Dave recounts his childhood health problems due to the unknown existence of toxic mold in his family home
- 8:32: Dave talks about his first experience with fasting
- 13:48: Dave discusses how we can become addicted to our foods and routines
- 17:24: Dave gives advice on how to have a successful 16 hour fast
- 19:31: Dave shares three fasting hacks
- 22:22: Dave discusses what fasting is and what it is not
- 23:31: Dave explains why the calories in/calories out model doesn't work
- 31:11: Dave talks about how we've been wrongly convinced that we need three meals per day
- 35:35: Dave walks us through the different stages of fasting outlined in his book
- 38:53: Dave discusses what a healthy intermittent fasting schedule looks like
- 40:33: Dave explains the correlation between sleep and fasting
- 44:25: Dave answers a live viewer question about juice cleanses
- 46:53: Dave answers a live viewer question about dry fasting
- 47:55: Dave explains why the typical Hollywood model body type is an unhealthy thing to strive for
- 51:36: Dave gives his take on social media and why he believes it is important to also fast from things other than food