Nick Nanton sits down with Theo Prodromitis, an award-winning entrepreneur, Amazon Seller, marketing strategist, philanthropist and Greek mom. She is the CEO and co-founder of Spa Destinations and CEO of Out Front Brands. Theo joins Nick to discuss the theories in her new book for entrepreneurs, "The Balance Between Hustle and Flow".
A fierce advocate for women and small business, she is a United States House of Representatives Small Business Committee Congressional Witness and serves on the National Retail Federation Advisory Council. Her awards include the NRF Champion of Retail and 2020 Enterprising Women of the Year. Theo is also a founding member of the Zuckerberg Institute, Randi Zuckerberg’s initiative to empower entrepreneurship and women in STEM.
Theo has been featured in the Small Business Journal on International Women’s Day, Business News Daily, the Tampa Bay Times and on Bay News 9, ABC Action News, FOX 13 and NBC and in the Money section of USA Today.
She is the dedicated mother of Mary, Jacqueline and Spero and the intrepid organizer of her big Greek family reunions. Her passion for business is grounded in “philotimo,” the Greek cultural imperative to serve the greater good with honor.
- 1:01: A brief biography for Theo
- 2:59: What inspired Theo to write "The Balance Between Hustle and Flow"
- 4:20: How to balance taking action and going with the flow while trying to achieve your goals
- 7:00: How do we find our passion?
- 10:34: Theo's perspective on negativity
- 13:26: Theo's perspective on forgiveness
- 15:44: How to respond when you find yourself in a negative state
- 22:11: How to respond to negativity with neutrality
- 24:18: Choices become habits. Habits become a baseline presence
- 26:07: How to answer the question, "What do I really want?"
- 28:03: How to answer the question, "Who can I serve?"
- 30:02: How to use the advice in "The Balance Between Hustle and Flow" practically