Today's guest Rebecca Zung is a best selling author and a leading authority on negotiation and family law. Her journey from being a divorced single mom and college drop out to one of the top attorneys in the U.S. has inspired her to empower others to live at their optimum levels of success.
As a partner in the law firm of Long, Murphy and Zung, Rebecca is in the top 1% of attorneys in the United States. She has been recognized by the U.S. News and World Reports as a best lawyer in America and as a legal elite by Trend magazine. Zung has also received the highest possible peer rating of AV Preeminent in family law by Martindale-Hubbell. She has been featured in Forbes, Huffington Post, News Week, Time, NPR, Good Day New York and CBS Los Angeles. Zung is also a host of the popular Youtube show/podcast "Negotiate Your Best Life"
Today, Nick and Rebecca talk through concepts from her best selling books "Breaking Free: A Step-By-Step Divorce Guide for Achieving Emotional, Physical and Spiritual Freedom" and the recently released "Negotiate Life Like You Matter: The Surefire Method to Step Up and Win".
- 1:16: A brief bio of Rebecca Zung
- 3:38: What is narcissism? Positive and negative effects
- 13:40: Rebecca breaks down her acronym for success negotiations, M.A.T.T.E.R., starting with the letter M - My value is defined by Me
- 30:00: A - Analyze research to create arguments and leverage
- 34:35: T - Tackle the hard issues second
- 38:22: E - Keep your Emotions out of it
- 41:24: T - Dress to a 'T' then use power words and body language
- 46:02: R - Record all agreements in writing
- 51:24: Find out where you can discover more about Rebecca Zung and her work