Todd Herman is New York Times Best-Selling author, entrepreneur, business coach, and mentor who has spent more than 20 years as a performance adviser to athletes and business executives at the highest level. Host Nick Nanton and Todd discuss his recovery from COVID-19, the principles behind Todd’s latest book — “The Alter Ego Effect,” and the importance of having a mentor. Nick and Todd also talk about the four layers of the core self, creating a secondary ego to reach new levels of performance as well as protecting yourself from criticism, and the language of peak-performance.
- 2:27: Overcoming COVID-19
- 6:65: Why Todd wrote “The Alter Ego Effect”
- 11:47: The truest sense of your alter ego
- 15:52: Examples of using the alter ego in real life — and with athletes
- 23:38: Todd played football and was a nationally ranked badminton player
- 27:07: Who is the biggest hero in a particular setting?
- 31:46: Turning off the alter ego
- 35:46: James Altucher
- 38:18: Four layers of the core self
- 43:25: Hidden forces of the enemy