Chris Voss is the CEO and founder of The Black Swan Group Ltd, a best-selling author, and the FBI’s former lead international kidnapping negotiator. Host Nick Nanton discusses Chris’ national best-selling book, Never Split the Difference, the attributes that make a master negotiator, and empathy’s effect in business negotiations.
- 2:40: Should you split the difference?
- 3:53: Why compromise often doesn’t work out
- 6:36: Oprah Winfrey — the negotiator
- 9:19: Tactical empathy and strategies used
- 12:02: In a kidnapping, who has the upper hand?
- 1408: Social dynamics that affect decision making
- 18:15: Chris’ work in Haiti
- 20:31: "The favorite or the fool" concept
- 26:42: Labeling — but not in an accusatory way
- 30:33: Taking a job for mercenary reasons
- 33:39: The two magic words of “that’s right” in a negotiation
- 35:54: Perspective will get you to the answer you’re looking for
- 37:49: The benefits of asking “no" oriented questions
- 41:00: When the door opens, the game is on
- Negotiate Like a Pro: Masterclass
- Chris on The Forward Podcast with Lance Armstrong
- Daniel Kahneman — Nobel Peace Prize
- Operation Toussaint
- The Challenger Sale
- Dr. Ned Hallowell