Lt Col Dan Rooney is the founder of the Folds of Honor organization, an F-16 Fighter Pilot with 3 combat tours in Iraq, and a PGA Golf Professional… just to name a few things, and he's this episode's "Now to Next" guest. We talk what it takes to become a fighter pilot and the major life lessons it has taught Dan. We'd also be remiss if we didn't talk about the story of the Folds of Honor non-profit organization, what prompted Dan Rooney to create it and how it's grown (and still growing) to help so many military families. Lastly, we dive into Dan's new book, Fly Into the Wind! He shares some of the "life storms" that inspired the book as well as some of the acronyms like "CAVU" and "LOE" that have become his personal code of living. Humble and heartfelt, Dan is an amazing person and someone I've been lucky enough to call a friend, and you'll want to check this episode out!
- 1:10: A short bio of Dan's life
- 2:02: Pro golf and being a fighter pilot
- 8:01: Dan's two most important life lessons
- 11:41: Dan discusses the importance of his faith
- 15:19: The story behind "Folds of Honor"
- 23:38: "Flying Into the Wind"
- 28:56: Dan's experience learning from his mistakes
- 31:26: Where and how to get Dan's book "Fly Into the Wind"
- 32:04: Dan explains the acronym CAVU
- 33:46: Dan's "Lines of Effort"
- 34:48: Volition
- 38:56: Eliminating Parasitic Decay
- 42:31: Service Before Self
- 50:44: Faith Forward
- 53:37: Go Before You're Ready