Marcus Sheridan is the guest on this episode of "Now to Next." He is a highly sought-after international keynote speaker known for his powerful transformational business approach and his best-selling book, They Ask, You Answer (which happens to be one of the most impactful books I personally read this year). So naturally, we dive into some of the things Marcus discusses in his book, but we also get into topics like the blurred line between sales and marketing in businesses today, the 5 fundamental subjects people research before they engage with a company, and how content consumption affects sales. Marcus has been dubbed a “Web Marketing Guru” by the New York Times and has appeared on Forbes’ top 20 “Speakers You Don’t Want to Miss” list, so I’d highly advise tuning in to this episode for some fascinating and insightful business advice.
- 2:14: Marcus's background
- 8:19: Why businesses should be transparent with cost and price
- 13:05: How to justify premium pricing
- 17:25: The line between sales and marketing is blurred
- 23:44: Marcus's answer to "If you weren't in business, who would you recommend I hire?"
- 29:18: How content consumption affects sales
- 39:20: Marcus discusses "Best in class"
- 46:48: Every company is a media company
- 50:47: Where to begin with talking points and content
- 55:17: Learn more about Marcus