James Altucher is an American hedge-fund manager, author, podcaster and entrepreneur who has founded or co-founded over 20 companies. In this episode, he dives into his “Choose Yourself” mentality and what that means in terms of finding your own passions, forging your own path, and his daily practice with what he calls the four bodies (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual). James also discusses the reaction he faced (the good and the bad) after his “New York City is Dead Forever" article went viral during the pandemic. We talk reviews from the 8-part docuseries about James on Amazon Prime video that I directed, and finally James gives some insights on his new book, "Skip The Line."
- 2:00: The "Choose Yourself" mentality.
- 5:29: James explains the four steps in The Daily Practice
- 8:04: James gives an example of The Daily Practice working in his own life
- 11:49: James discusses his "New York City is Dead Forever" article
- 14:58: James discusses his writing style, cognitive dissonance, and writing a viral article.
- 23:36: James discusses how he chooses his topics and his search for the truth
- 28:22: James and Nick discuss feedback from their Amazon documentary series "Choose Yourself"
- 35:04: James discusses how his constant flow of new ideas create abundance.
- 40:11: A summary of James's new book, "Skip The Line".