Nick Nanton sits down with Mo Gawdat, the former Chief Business Officer for Google X, a serial entrepreneur and author of the books 'Solve for Happy' and 'Scary Smart'.
After a 30-year career in tech, Mo has made happiness his primary topic of research, diving into literature and discussing the topic of happiness with some of the wisest people in the world. He poured his findings into his first book, 'Solve for Happy,' which he was inspired to write after the tragic death of his son, Ali, in 2014.
Throughout his career, Mo has remained a serial entrepreneur who has cofounded more than 20 businesses as well as serving as a board member and mentor to various comanies and start-ups. He founded the organization One Billion Happy, in honor of his son, as a moonshot goal to help one billion people become happier.
His latest book, 'Scary Smart' looks at the future of artificial intelligence and explains how to fix the current trajectory now, offering a blueprint for how we can take action to safeguard ourselves.
- 1:29: A brief bio on Mo Gawdat
- 3:12: Mo talks about his early years and his career at Google
- 7:59: Money was not the solution to Mo's problems
- 11:18: Mo's happiness equation
- 21:20: Mo speaks on the death of his son due to medical malpractice
- 29:48: You stop getting happier with pay increases after you start making the median income of your country of residence
- 34:50: Advancement in AI (artificial intelligence) is the true pandemic facing humanity
- 36:50: Mo's dichotomy with AI
- 40:23: Will AI become sentient?